Farm Management, a hitherto simple management function has overtime become a complicated one. There is a high demand on Farm Managers to increase productivity through application of improved technology in the phase of increasing risk e.g. due to climate change amongst others. With a sound understanding of the African production context, AAMI has developed this Farm Management Basic Programme to equip Farm Managers with the management skills & techniques to enable them plan and coordinate farm operations in an efficient manner.
The programme covers:
- Management and Leadership basic,
- Farm planning (budgeting, book keeping, accounting),
- Production basics (plants and animal),
- Post-harvest storage, transport and marketing,
- Hiring and training of labour,
- Farm equipment and infrastructure management,
- Risk management
- Innovations and Technology
- Quality and quality certification basic
Who can participate in this training?
Business Owners, Farm Managers, Farmer Supervisors, Public and Private Extension Officers, Technical Staffs of Development Organizations.
- Class discussions (case study) and presentations.
- Interaction with successful and experienced Farm Manager.
- Field visit.
- Agricultural Technical & Vocational Education and Training Project (GIZ/ATVET)